Thursday, August 23, 2007

Much better this week.

Since Sunday my energy has been much improved. After the grimness of last week it has come as a huge relief to be able to get active again. I have decided to stay on 500mg of Sodium Valproate for the time being. I have an appointment to see my psychiatrist early in September so if I need to talk about reducing then I will. I want to see myself stable and free from withdrawal effects before I reduce again, and largely, I am.

I've been able to get to my Fellowship meetings (Overeaters Anonynous and Dual Recovery Anonymous), went to see a good movie (Sparkle), seen friends, been to yoga, and been to the gym twice. Going again today. I'm starting to quite enjoy it! Richard has been on holiday so I haven't seen him, but I've coped OK with that.

I heard from the University that I applied to for the MA: School of Oriental and African Studies (part of the University of London). I've been accepted to start in September. Now I just have to make up my mind if I'm ready to start this year. I am leaning toward doing it...I like the idea of doing it over three years instead of two though, because I really do want to press ahead with 'the workplace' even if that just means a substantial amount of voluntary work for the time being.

I am looking forward to seeing my boy on Saturday. How lucky that the day was changed! If it had been last week as was originally scheduled I would have been feeling ill plus the weather was rotten. It is forecast to be better this weekend. We are taking him to Stansted Mountfitchet, the Norman castle.

Tomorrow the cat goes to the vet to have her 'dental'. Well at least I know what to expect this time. I will go prepared with plenty of reading material.

Take care everyone. Lots of love, Zoe.

No comments: